Saturday, October 26, 2013


So it's fall here, and I had a thought the other day that all those leaves dropping through the air are the trees "exfoliating"! Fun eh? Hell of a first entry, but the title does say "Mental Meanderings", so there ya go.


This is my original photo, taken of the beautiful fall trees on my street, taken last year (2012).
I would include one more recent but alas, my beloved camera, McGee has shot his last. 
I will write and post his eulogy shortly. I am in withdrawals for a camera, especially since fall and winter are my favorite times of year and I am surrounded by beauty that I cannot capture, Horrors! 

I feel saddened and lost and I miss my McGee! A new one will be about 500.00, and I am poor now, as opposed to when I first bought McGee, right after my law suit settlement, so it will likely be a while before I can locate and pay for McGee's successor  Wah. Please send any pity donations via PayPal to raven.fabal@yahoo.com Not really expecting any, but I'm just smarmy enough to add the info here. Just sayin'.

 I'm going through the stages of loss for McGee right now, just not certain which stage I'm in currently. Denial? No, I already went through that, saying it was just a fluke that he could no longer focus, and often gave me lens cap errors when the cap wasn't on. I said to myself that he was just getting old and it would be ok as long as he would take pix for me most of the time. But then, he stopped being even occasionally usable, and I guess I have to make my peace with that. 

So perhaps bargaining? If I clean him up he'll be ok? I will make sure there is no dust on him and it will pass? No, I have always kept him just a clean and tidy as the day I found him, brand new. If you didn't know him, you would think he was brand new, that's how much I cared for him. 

Oh well, I guess that my stage of loss is not a big thing, I think that anyone "normal" must think I'm nucking futz for being so attached to a camera, but I live a very isolated life, and my time shooting the world with McGee has been the best times of my life. Ah well. Later on I will post more meanderings. And more about McGee.


No comments:

Post a Comment